And, Into March…

Tuesday night….  Play time!  It doesn’t happen very often, but it does happen in rare instances.  It isn’t for very long.  There’s change to put away.  Supper is yet to be found and it is getting late.  But, for the moment there’s no desperate need to do something.  The homemaker aide was in an accident; her wrist is sprained, but she was able to get the trash out and get the place swept.  Well, there was an idea about a sort of volunteer job in the back of the mind for two months, and a step toward that was made.  It may not work out, but it’s something different, a something in the real world beyond the current state of affairs. 

Wednesday afternoon….  It’s amazing how mornings disappear in the mist.  It is necessary to get the door unlocked by 11:00 a.m.  Then there is no need to get to it when the lunch lady comes, which can be anytime in the next hour.  Starting a day at about 7:00 a.m. and allowing about 45 minutes for breakfast stuff plus an hour or so for the bathroom still leaves two hours for computer stuff.  It’s never enough time for one or the other.  At least the day is no longer rushed because it is necessary to make the best possible use of three hours of aide service.  Today friend is still due this evening.  Sometimes he comes. 

Thursday evening….  This be another day spent in attempts to recover.  With an ongoing concern about the relocating that’s sure to be in the near future, as well as the medical situation, it’s not that easy to keep the mind on basic things when other things come up as well.  A little lady from down the hall unexpectedly was at the door looking for the lunch lady this afternoon.  Nap time was abbreviated so even that bit of routine wasn’t as wanted.  There was a trip downstairs to look at the board where moving dates are posted.  It was long enough to get a picture of the now nice weather.  The relocating is going to be sooner than wanted. 

Friday afternoon….  Lunch came, but it is something to eat tomorrow.  The plan was to have the aide stop at a fast food place and get something different.  Plans being what they are, the aide called in saying she had a sick kid, so lunch be still something else – fortunately, there be something else around.  Also fortunately nothing on the errands list was vital.  And, it’s forty-eight hours of free time – a rarity, with the first thing to do being to get reorganized.  Not a lot is added, but every bit of energy as well as time is a treasure these days.  It takes time as well as energy to deal with people even if they are helping. 

Saturday (Delayed)….  As often happens with delayed messages, exactly what all took place isn’t remembered.  One intention, of course, was to get the weblogs in finished condition insofar as possible for Tuesday.  Much of the day was a waste on an involved explanation for a message board.  The topic was put up two days ago (Thursday) and blossomed into a statement from the management.  It is not a place, evidently, to be hanging around.  That’s been a suspicion for some time, so it’s not a surprise.  The work didn’t get done.  Even what-to-eat plans are now all mixed up as well as things like the homemaker aide service. 

Sunday (Delayed)….  Friend came but later than expected and agreed to bring in on Wednesday some of the things on the list made out for the aide for Friday.  A little mess was made when he watered the plants, but not much.  It’s hoped there comes no time when he wants to quit that, although there was a bit of a todo.  He forgot the promised supports for the plants.  He is likely to forget more.  A check of the schedule board in the lobby netted nothing new.  There was great sense of tiredness and some dizziness in the late afternoon.  There seemed to be no cause for the dizziness, so maybe there is something more developing medically. 

Monday evening….  The entire day was upset.  First thing in the morning emails announced a few things, most notably that the homemaker aide called in saying she had a sick child – no service tomorrow.  However the thing was not worded well.  It was forgotten it’s Monday and she’s due on Tuesdays.  At 3:00 p.m. the stew over the matter was mostly over.  There was no wish to be adjusting things to someone new, especially at a different time (they did have that in mind).  No aide can do much without explanations, and the main thing (laundry) would not have been finished.  A trip downstairs helped. 

Reliable things are modern treasures. 


Leave a comment

Filed under Computer Stuff, Food, Health, Housing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s