Another Half-Useful Week

July 16, 2013 … (Delayed) 

Truthfully, this might have been squeezed in properly on Tuesday rather than two days later, but there comes a time when people think they don’t want to do anything more.  The nurse came in the afternoon to change the bandages (it’s a big job), and the thing that had to be kept in mind was the three-day pill due in the evening.  Also in mind was making out the list, etc., for the home aide as doing that on Wednesday morning causes a state of nervous agitation.  There is enough nervous agitation at present over getting the new computer system all lined up amid trying to arrange a few things like the rent money orders. 

July 17, 2013 … (Delayed)

So, okay, Jessica, the current homemaker aide/home health care aide (depends on who is talking) came as scheduled and as usual did a great job.  It definitely helped to have the list made out, the money and keys for the errand ready and so forth.  Regular friend unexpectedly came earlier than usual at near 5:30 p.m. with a new wrist watch in hand.  Surprise, it’s a man’s watch, but there hasn’t been a working watch at hand for about two years, so nothing shall be said.  A feminine version can be found later.  It seems his lady may be very sick; so, it’s a time to ask little and appreciate what is given. 

July 18, 2013. 

Four items are set for tomorrow, the lunch lady, the food truck, the bandages nurse and regular friend.  All four need some arranging, the most on the truck and money order errand by friend, and mid-day today came up with a tummy ache to slow things down.  It seems, however, there will be no need to run down to the office yet as last year’s papers (found) are dated August 1.  The progress on the computer is very slow.  About fifty bookmarks/favorites still have to be set into the new “dual” system.  At least some of the most important ones like a link  to the website and local news are connected. 

July 19, 2013. 

All expected for today came off well – services are good at the moment – but, based on what was under the bandages the condition is slowly deteriorating.  It’s back to the doctoring service or possibly even the emergency room.  Cincinnati does have specialists who should know how to treat the condition but, as this is late Friday, not much can be done at present.  One of the three-day pills is due in the morning which might make a difference.  Apparently the weather is cooling down a little, which can also make a difference.  There’s food in the place, cash in hand and clean bandages on each foot.  Briefly, on to the computer. 

July 20, 2013. 

A “free day” it be, no one due to stop by (no paper by the door, either, that is, as of about 8:00 p.m.) and nothing absolutely vital in need doing (plenty in need of doing, but none of it absolutely vital to existence, like having food in the place).  A lovely pain-free four hours was spent with the computer, largely arranging it a little bit more to be using it.  It takes some figuring, so not much ever gets done.  At first there was the feel-good feeling of the three day pill wearing off, and then the feel-good feeling of the one taken.  It did last until a little after 3:00 p.m.  It was a rare and happy time as if all was just fine.    

July 21, 2013. 

For some unknown reason, it was not a good day.  Extra effort was made to put in extra sack time in the hopes that the swelling near the ankles would continue to recede.  It didn’t work.  In fact, there were frequent spikes of pain, and most often there is no pain, just incredible itching.  Breathing was not too bad, but a physical movement of any sort was not good.  There was thought that watering the plants would be difficult as they had been slightly re-arranged to make room for the new one received last Sunday.  Regular friend was asked to do it, in spite of not being much of a plant person. 

July 22, 2013. 

The seventh day is always an accomplishment.  It was a day for telephone calls, which is always a nerve-wracking experience.  It do seem people are talking just a little faster these days, fast enough that they are hard to understand if one isn’t familiar with the lingo of that particular business or office.  To make it worse, a person says what is wanted and the stock answer is often either an offer of voice mail or a promise to call back.  In other words, no answer.  Twenty dollars was dropped off at the door of the lady who has been helping with the houseplants.  It is a hope she found it.  Purchase of a sweet roll for breakfast was the sure thing. 

Presumably any day should be appreciated. 


Leave a comment

Filed under Computer Stuff, Health, Housing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s