A Sort Of Disastrous Time

July 9, 2013 … (Delayed) 

First thing in the morning there was a race to call the doctor’s office.  Nursey-doctor was expected, but the notice said it wasn’t to be the one that had been coming.   She wasn’t sick.  She had quit.  The one scheduled would do little but take readings like blood pressure.  On the “agenda” was when would the actual nurse arrive, as it had been pointed out to that agency that changing bandages just before the doctor came was rather useless as a doctor wants to see what is under them.  The timing of bandages seemed to be of little concern to the person who answered the telephone.  The day was a bit hectic and confused. 

July 10, 2013 … (Delayed) 

What life and circumstances had lined up for the day was computer crash at about 4:00 a.m. (with alarm going off), nurse at 10:00 a.m., lunch lady at about 11:00 a.m. or so, homemaker aide at maybe 12:00 p.m./noon, aide supervisor for two month review at 1:00 p.m. and regular friend in the evening sometime after 5:00 p.m.  The computer could not be revived; friend took it for possible checking in the evening.  Nurse was hopefully cancelled by morning, but word had not been sent.  The aide had a family emergency and didn’t come.  An event a day is enough.  The three set for Wednesdays are just barely managed. 

July 11, 2013. 

The word that had finally come was that the nurse would be coming tomorrow (Friday), so this day was almost a free day.  The homemaker aide’s supervisor, in the absence of the aide, was willing to do something.  She watered the plants.  As there was then too much water on the plants, part of the day was spent in getting excess water out of the pots.  A part of the day was to be studying the new computer, which friend had put where the old one had been and which had nearly no online connectivity.  An intent to wander outside was interrupted by a message in the elevator announcing a valuable lecture in the community room.

July 12, 2013. 

The nurse did come, but well after the expected hour.  She only finished part of the bandaging.  Everything is more of a mess;  a pill is due tomorrow morning.  Although it was a bit much, determination to get out of the apartment  led to a trip outside.  There had been some intention to stop at the office to see about the papers for the rental agreement for next year, but it was too late to be doing that.  There was a tidbit done on the computer.  At the current rate the thing might be operational by Christmas.  It’s surprisingly tiresome to talk, and the more or less three days of talking for the nursing fortunately are over for now.   

July 13, 2013 … (Delayed). 

There were two principle efforts in the day.  One was to get some extra rest in the hope that would help with the medical matters, although that really doesn’t seem to be helping much.  The second activity of the day was to get more of the new computer business lined up to be used, although that seems to be terribly long drawn out.  The idea was to work on the computer for a couple of hours, then hit the bed for an unspecified time – however long it felt like it.  It went  pretty good until about 7:00 p.m. – all four pills were taken, etc. – but after that there was such a tiredness the day’s notes didn’t get done. 

July 14, 2013. 

Regular friend came by and we had a nice visit.  There was supposedly a picnic lunch in the works from some nice people.  When it didn’t come by 2:30 p.m., a sandwich was downed amid a wait-to-see-what-happened.  An idea to go outside was shot down by then as it’s too hot (and apparently will be so for most of the rest of the week).  The lunch, a hamburger, some potato salad, beans and more arrived around 4:30 p.m.  It was nice to meet the man in charge of the group who happened to be the one picked to do the delivering.  And, there is now a new plant to add to the collection. 

July 15, 2013. 

A second intent to see about the lease fell by the wayside.  Several unexpected things came on the scene in the morning, and there were some of the frequent troublesome things as well.  Additional medical possibilities were explored as it seemed that should take top priority with the nursey-doctor having quit.  The nurse to do bandages is due tomorrow, so there is at least that much.  It’s also time to be arranging to get the money orders for the rent, while the computer is far from in order.  Regular friend has money to get a new wristwatch.  It’s now expected he will bring it Wednesday.  That might help. 

Even months can fly by fast.  


Leave a comment

Filed under Computer Stuff, Health, Holidays, Housing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s