Short Changed Week

February 13, 2013. 
The scooter batteries died dead yesterday morning near noon.  There was  a state of going nowhere at first since the brake didn’t unlock.  It was then near total “immobility” for several hours while operating only on pedal power.  Then, until tonight, it was minimal state using the old batteries saved for emergencies.  Maintenance was called on to unlock the brake.  It was a very annoying situation as the nurse practitioner had suggested some new stuff and it was impossible to try it properly.  Medically, things still are not arranged.  Neither is the scooter for that matter, although it does have new batteries. 

February 14, 2013. 

This horrible day began with an unseen computer update that shut the thing down for an automatic restart, which always crashes it setting off the alarm.  It was around 3:00 a.m.  The internet connection is always lost, usually for days.  Mid-morning the landlady left a note saying the request for another apartment was denied; the request wasn’t specific enough.  The form was made out a second time, then a third.  About 2:00 p.m. the email was finally checked on the cell phone where it said the representative from the agency that provides homemaker aide service was coming to assess things.  That wasn’t all. 

February 15, 2015. 

The mis-adventures continued today with a second staff visit at a most inopportune time (while figuring the money for a bank run).  And, the point of the visit was to say there had been some “investigating” in the medical services being provided, and it would be necessary to call in about it.  The lady arrived with cell phone in hand.  The food truck driver arrived a few moments later with a bag of stuff in hand, which helped a lot toward returning things to the businesses at hand.  The real things to be investigating (other services) did get an important knowledgeable measure of action.  A little something did get done. 

February 17, 2013. 

If much more happens, there might not be even four little messages per week.  Yesterday being Saturday, no one was due to stop by.  What did come by was another little wave of the flu, cold or whatever it is that’s hanging on so tenaciously to make things a lot worse.  So, it’s Sunday night.  The scooter needs a re-charge.  It’s not good to try to do that overnight even if it were not new batteries of unknown activity, and two people are coming tomorrow, one around noon and one around 6:00 p.m.  The nurse practitioner left directions a week ago and nothing has been done about the rash or exercise for the muscles. 

Fate can step in anywhere. 


Leave a comment

Filed under Computer Stuff, Health, Housing, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s